Paint is a Simple Way to Renovate Your School
If you’re a teacher, a school administrator, a parent, or even a student yourself, then you know that a child’s school environment is essential to effective learning. An outdated or deteriorating school can cause distraction, dampen feelings of school pride, and eventually lead to poor school performance. On the other hand, a well-maintained school can help set students up for success by creating overall positive feelings throughout the school day.
In fact, the colors that appear in elementary school classrooms, high schools, and even college campuses can have an effect on students of all ages. Let’s look at how certain colors can help in the classroom:
- Blue: Studies have shown that being surrounded by blue is calming. It can actually lower blood pressure, heart rate, and respiration while gently stimulating the mind and aiding concentration. It’s the perfect color for a classroom.
- Green: Green is most often associated with nature and produces calm feelings. It can also help reduce eyestrain, making it perfect for computer labs, libraries, or anywhere students may be using a computer for long periods of time.
- Red: Red is a very stimulating color. Studies have shown that it can raise a student’s heart rate and create feeling of excitement and forward momentum. Red is a good choice for areas where you might not want students to linger, like hallways or staircases.
- Yellow: When it comes to yellow, think bright, sunny days. It encourages feelings of warmth and acceptance. Consider using yellow around doorways and entrances.
- Neutral colors: Neutral colors like white, light gray, beige, and cream are perfect for large lecture halls or science labs because these colors don’t distract and help keep students focused on what’s in front of them.
Beyond using colors to influence focus and concentration, school environments also need to be inviting to students, teachers, and visitors. Having a uniform color scheme across the whole campus can help create a feeling of uniformity and enhance the school’s “brand.”
If you’re convinced that your school or campus needs a fresh coat of paint, then you’re going to need a contactor who can work around throngs of students, ever-changing schedules, and high traffic areas. Spray Finishes is the right contractor for the job.
Our expert painters use a unique electrostatic spray painting process to give your school environment a high-quality paint job, while minimizing mess and making sure students, faculty, and school property are safe throughout the duration of the job. Besides the classroom, we can also paint your cafeteria, library, dorms, gymnasiums, and lockers. We’ll even paint outdoor playground equipment.
Spray Finishes is a division of Stone Services. We’ve been in the electrostatic spray painting business since 1938. We specialized in on-site painting and also have a 10,000 square foot shop for any large off-site jobs. Spray Finishes’ friendly and knowledgeable staff is ready to serve you at any of their five tristate area locations, including New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Long Island, and Westchester. Contact Spray Finishes today for an estimate on your next painting project.